Business Incentive Guidelines
About the Program
The City of DeKalb’s Business Incentives Program is intended to help build a sustainable local economy that grows at a sufficient rate to meet the needs of the city’s present and future citizens. The program offers different packages of incentives depending on whether or not the enterprise is retail, industrial, commercial, or a downtown business entity. Each package is intended to create jobs, build the tax base, or enhance the cultural environment of the city.
The goals of the Business Incentive Program are as follows:
- Encourage the strengthening of existing commercial areas and the development of new business areas at appropriate locations
- Promote, preserve, and enhance industrial areas within the existing City limits and unincorporated areas adjacent to the City
- Enhance the local economic, social, and cultural climate to ensure that DeKalb is a community that is a desirable place to live, work, and conduct business
- Develop and implement plans, activities, and improvements necessary to facilitate and service quality growth as well as protect the public’s health, safety, and welfare
- Retain and attract a diverse mix of quality industrial enterprises to protect, expand, and diversify DeKalb economic and employment bases
- Retain, attract, educate, and train a diverse quality labor force to meet the employment needs of existing, expanding and new businesses, enhance the availability of quality jobs and provide a full range of employment and advancement opportunities to DeKalb residents
- Retain, expand and enhance retail and commercial opportunities within DeKalb so as to maximize local retail activity and provide for a full range of shopping and service opportunities within the DeKalb market area
The DeKalb County Enterprise Zone program is administered by the DeKalb County Economic Development Corporation (DCEDC). Please visit the DCEDC website for more information.
For More Information
For more information on how your project may qualify for assistance, please review the Business Incentive Guidelines (PDF) and/or Business Incentive Application (PDF).