From 1891 to 1967 the DeKalb Police Department shared this location with City Hall. The building was built for $8000, plus $1,140 for the land. On June 6th, 1891, it was ordained that the building be erected to accommodate a portion of the Fire Department, City Council, Police Magistrate, City Calaboose, and the Public Library.
From 1968 to 2013 the department moved to 200 S. 4th Street where we again shared the building with City administrative offices with a total cost of $898,000 for the building and the land.
On November 22, 2013, the DeKalb Police Department moved to its current location at 700 W. Lincoln Highway. The cost for the building was $12 million dollars and the land was a little over $1.5 million.