On Friday, June 11th, the State of Illinois entered Phase 5 of the state's reopening plan. Despite the ease in restrictions, the state will continue to require face coverings on all public transportation including the City's transit system. This mandate remains in place per the guidance and instruction of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and as originally implemented on February 1, 2021, by way of Executive Order 013998.
In addition to the continued mask mandate on all public transit vehicles, please note the following updates:
- Fixed route passengers may now utilize both the front and rear door of the vehicles to enter and exit the bus.
- Fixed route and paratransit service continues to operate fare free. An update will be provided on this topic in July.
- All public transit vehicles are cleaned and sanitized daily with high-touch surface areas cleaned at various points throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available for passengers on all fixed route vehicles.
- All bus operators will continue to wear a face covering at all times while operating a public transit vehicle for their safety and the safety of the passengers.
The City of DeKalb and Transdev Services Inc. are committed to ensuring the safety of our passengers and employees and will continue to monitor and implement directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact the City of DeKalb Transit Manager at 815-748-2370.