The DeKalb Police Department announces the release of a new website for police information. The Police-to-Citizen (P2C) web portal offers a way for users to check crime stats by address, query calls-for-service, and view recent arrests on-line. The site also allows residents to register bicycles, request security checks, report certain crimes, and communicate with the police department. Sensitive information and incidents remain protected and will not be automatically available via the website (sexual assaults, crimes against children, etc).
- Daily Bulletin page can sort incidents based on the date and category.
- Event Search will query incidents based upon the call information or an address.
- Recent Arrests shows a list of charges and mugshots from recent arrests.
- Report Incidents allows a resident to report non-emergency crimes through the portal, like criminal damage cases and minor thefts.
- Bike Registration allows a resident to send their bicycle information to the department.
- Security Watch enables a resident to request officers check on their home while on vacation.
The website is linked directly to the department’s records management system to promote more transparency as well as interaction with the police department. The site can be found at https://dekalbcitypd.policetocitizen.com/ or accessed through the DeKalb Police Department’s web page.
The release of this web portal completes one of the department’s initiatives as described in the FY2020 budget.
Commander Craig Woodruff