What can I do about annoying/harassing phone calls?
You are required to file a report with the Police Department. You should then call the Nuisance Bureau at 800-257-2969 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Advise the Nuisance Bureau that you are receiving annoying/harassing phone calls and that you have made a report with the DeKalb Police Department. They will require our case number.

Upon receiving an annoying/harassing phone call, you are to hang up, wait for a dial tone, dial *57 and follow the recorded instructions. This will trace the call and save the information in the phone company’s computer. The phone company will then only release the trap information to law enforcement. After 18 days they will fax all successful traces. There will be a charge to your phone bill of $4 per successful trace.

Show All Answers

1. When should I use 911?
2. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
3. Where do I obtain crime prevention information?
4. How can I obtain an order of protection?
5. What can I do about annoying/harassing phone calls?
6. How do I report suspected drug trafficking in my neighborhood?
7. What information do you have regarding senior citizens?
8. Where can I buy pepper spray?