What if someone calls asking for a donation on behalf of the Police Department?
The DeKalb Police Department never solicits money over the phone. You may call the police department if you are contacted by an organization who is claiming to be representing the DeKalb Police Department at 815-748-8400. There are three primary ways you can to contribute to the DeKalb Police Department: the Anti-Drug Fund, Volunteer Program, and Equipment Purchases.

The Anti-Drug Fund uses money for the purchase of program elements or helping organizations sponsor an anti-drug events, such as Post Prom and D.A.R.E. The volunteers of the Volunteer Program assist the police department in various tasks during at our busiest times. Monies donated would assist in purchasing uniforms and equipment for the volunteers. As for Equipment Purchases, monies would assist in the purchasing of equipment such as in-car video cameras, radar guns, computer equipment, just to name a few.

Show All Answers

1. How do I set up a tour of the police department?
2. How do I schedule a police officer to speak to my organization?
3. What if someone calls asking for a donation on behalf of the Police Department?
4. What are the responsibilities of the NIU Police Department versus the DeKalb Police Department when a call for service involves the college area?
5. How do I obtain a FOID card application?
6. Does the DeKalb Police Department accept credit cards for bond?
7. Where is the Secretary of State office in DeKalb?
8. How do I go about getting fingerprints for employment/background?
9. When is curfew for those under 18?