- City Officials
- City Clerk
Duties & ResponsibilitiesSince 2013, the DeKalb City Council has assigned the City Clerk only the duties specifically set by Illinois statutes and local ordinances, which means the position is part-time.
The duties are as follows:
- The City Clerk is the keeper of the City Seal.
- The City Clerk must attend all meetings of City Council including executive sessions.
- The City Clerk takes roll call of all votes and notes the votes for the official record.
- The City Clerk prepares all minutes of meetings held by City Council and maintains audio recordings of executive sessions.
- Duties associated with municipal elections.
Ruth Scott, Recording Secretary/Executive Assistant
Quick links to frequently asked questions:
- To submit a Freedom of Information Act request, follow this link: Transparency Opens a New Window. .
- For help with water service, visit Utility Billing Opens a New Window. .
- To talk to someone about a traffic ticket or hearing date, go to Administrative Hearings Opens a New Window. .
- For information about business licenses and permits, start here Opens a New Window. .
- To find information about candidates running for offices other than City of DeKalb offices (school board candidates, for example) see the DeKalb County Clerk Opens a New Window. . @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>