Refuse, Recycling & Yard Waste
LRS is the exclusive waste collection service provider for all City of DeKalb homes receiving weekly curbside and alley waste collection. LRS provides weekly collection of household refuse (garbage), recyclables, yard waste and organics. In addition, they also provide frequent Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Home Collection Service. LRS provides each home with a cart on wheels with a flip-top lid for refuse and recyclables. Service is paid for through the City of DeKalb utility bill.
Please contact LRS Customer Service for all service-related questions or concerns including:
- Missed curbside or alley pick-up
- Special pick-up-requires an estimate
- Extra cart rental
- General inquiry on service or LRS Service
- Special service need or request
- Service complaint or compliment
- Portable restroom services for home events
- Open-top containers for home projects also known as roll-off or construction dumpsters
LRS DEKALB PROGRAM WEB PAGE - To learn more about all the services LRS provides for the City of DeKalb, visit the LRS DeKalb Waste and Recycling Program Resource web page at: LRSrecycles.com/DeKalb
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Home Collection -Click Here To Submit Collection Request
- LRS provides HHW Home Collection Services April through October.
- Requests are required. Once a request is submitted, a confirmation e-mail or call may be expected within two (2) to four (4) business days with available pickup days and instructions for item placement.
Electronic Waste (E-Waste) - Click Here To Submit Collection Request
- Visit the Electronic Waste section of the LRS DeKalb Program web page to learn more.
- E-Waste is collected once a month on the first full week (week beginning on Sunday)
- Requests are required at least 48 hours (Mon-Fri only) prior to the E-Waste Collection Day to allow time for proper preparation and scheduling. Please see the schedule on the LRSrecycles.com/DeKalb webpage under Electronic Waste.