Summer is here, with that comes outdoor fun of all kinds. The DeKalb Fire
Department would like to pass on a few tips for safe summer fun.
- Keep charcoal and gas grills outdoors.
- As tempting as it is DO NOT use the grill in the garage or under a carport
- Grills should not be used or stored on, under, or within ten feet of combustible surfaces
- Do not add lighter fluid to a smoldering fire or charcoal
- Don’t allow children to play around the grill
- Wear a helmet while riding bicycle or motorcycle.
- As drivers on the roadways be aware of bicycles and motorcycles around you.
- Pedestrians have the right of way, watch for and give clearance to joggers and walkers.
- Never swim alone.
- Don’t swim or play in flood water
Also remember food-borne illness.
- Wash your hands before and after handling any food, especially raw meat, fish, and poultry.
- Store the food correctly “keep it hot, keep it cold, or don’t keep it”